Ny amerikansk FD RX7 i Norge, landets laveste kmstand?

Teknisk diskusjon / spørsmål rundt RX-7
mdouglog

Ny amerikansk FD RX7 i Norge, landets laveste kmstand?

Post by mdouglog »

Hei!

Tenkte jeg skulle introdusere meg selv og bilen. Jeg flyttet til Norge fra USA i fjor med norsk kone, og tok med meg en ’93 RX7 på lasset.
Bilen ble kjøpt i Oklahoma med bare 15 000 km totalt! Den hadde fremdeles de originale dekkene på, bare for å vise hvor godt den var tatt vare på. Nå har den 16 600 km. Jeg har planer om å nyte bilen så mye jeg kan og har gjort noen små modifikasjoner for ”holdbarhet”(durability, I don’t know...).

Jeg har avtale med biltilsynet denne uken for å få bilen godkjent. Jeg var inne her før jeg kjøpte bilen og fikk gode tips om hva som kreves for å få bilen registrert her i Norge, så jeg håper den går gjennom på første forsøk.

Nå til det viktige spørsmålet: er det noen her inne som kan anbefale en mekaniker eller et verksted her i området som kan FD RX7? Jeg tviler på at Mazdaforhandleren her har noe særlig peiling. Jeg bor i Stavangerområdet, men er villig til å kjøre litt. Forslag mottas med takk!

Jeg gleder meg til å få bilen på veien med hvite skilter, og håper jeg kan bli med på noen av treffene dere arrangerer. Vil jo gjerne vise frem bilen, og det finnes vel ikke så mange her som er så originale og har så lav kmstand?
My norwegian isn't totally fluent, but when I sit down and have time to write like now ( and a little help from my wife..)I can do ok. I've got plenty of pictures, but you really need to see this car in person to understand how nice it really is. Will try to upload some pics soon though.
atledreier
Gear Head

Re: Ny amerikansk FD RX7 i Norge, landets laveste kmstand?

Post by atledreier »

Please show us some pictures of how these magnificent cars are supposed to look. Most RX'7s around here are butchered beyond recognition. I can't wait to see it in person. Good luck with the white plates!

I am trying my best to arrange meets in the area, and so far we've had a few. We usually sit around talking bullshit, but now the season allow for some driving too. Should be fun!
'12 Toyota GT86
'11 VW Touran Highline 2.0TDi DSG - konebilen
'07 VW Golf 2.0TDi DSG Sport - til salgs
'99 626GLX - solgt
'92 323GTR - solgt
'92 323F - vrak

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it."
WireD

Post by WireD »

Hi there!
Your norwegian, with help from your missus, is very easy to read, and probably better than 50% of the norwegians too :lol: :lol:

If you want to practise your norwegian here, feel free to do so, we have a german guy here who writes norwegian, and we have no problems understanding him :wink:

We cant wait to see pictures of your superlow-milage 7 8)
----------------------

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?
"I don't wanna look up from an engine and see a nipple...I quit, man..."
mdouglog

Post by mdouglog »

Thanks for the quick response guys. Here are a couple of pictures of the car that I took right before leaving the US. The car had two owners before me, both of which treated the car as a collector item. The man I bought it from promised me he had never once driven it in the rain during the ten years he owned the car! Now I plan to drive this car as often as I can so I therefore made a few minor safety/durability upgrades (stainless brake lines, stiffer rear end bushings, silicon vac lines, grounding points fixed, ect.) before shipping the car to Norway. It is now sitting in my garage begging to be driven everyday!

Men hvis jeg skal kjøre den hverdag, da må jeg finne en god verksted som kan fikse når ting går galt, som virker som er ganske vanlig med disse bilene. Denne er min første FD og selv om jeg har leste masse om de, jeg har ikke så mye personlig erfaring. Er der noen verksteder som folk i dette forumet kjenner til har erfaring med RX-7. Hvor tar dere RX'en til? eller bare fikser dere selv?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OutCold

Post by OutCold »

wow :shock:
Toppfart
Gear Head

Post by Toppfart »

Hva i helvette mann!! Garantert norges MINST kjørte rx7.... Grattis, håper du får mange flotte turer (uten feil selvfølgelig). Hope you can enjoy the car as much as we do :twisted: About workshops, ehmm no... Do it yourself! Because no workshop has good experience with these cars and it takes many days to fix the smallest problems! So if you get any problem, please just write to us :idea:

Your car looks great btw..Some interior photos would be fine :)
Nåværende eier av 05 Evo
Tidligere eier av rx7fd3s m/402.3rwhp
Subaru Wrx 04 m/300hester
+noe annet møkk som ikke er værd å skrive om
SondreSkj

Post by SondreSkj »

Welcome!

That is one STUNNING car you've got there! Take good care of it and for the love of god keep the exterior stock Ü... It is great to see a stock-looking 7 now and then, certainly a beauty. :D
HBCosmo.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/39360486903/ The Mazda Cosmo, 929 HB and Luce Community on Facebook

http://500px.com/skjolsvik
'00 MB E220 CDI
Solgt!...VW Golf MkV
Mazda 929 HB 2.0i
Mazda 929 HB 2.0i Delebil
Solgt!...Mazda 626 2.0-16v GD 1988
Solgt!...Mazda 626 2.0lx / GC 1987
WireD

Post by WireD »

my god, that was a BEAUTIFUL red 7!
Never seen such a good RED RX7 before, as the red color tends to fade very quickly in the sun!
Even the plastic lip on the front is nice and black! That is truly one of the best looking rx7s I`ve seen!
----------------------

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?
"I don't wanna look up from an engine and see a nipple...I quit, man..."
biXen
Gear Head

Post by biXen »

Beautiful. And yes, I assume most people with RX-7's here do their own service and maintenance. I've got an RX-8 and they don't really know that much about those cars either here, I use Hegre in Sandnes for some general service, but I wouldn't use them for troubleshooting and such probably.

If you need something done I'm sure some people here can assist you, and some of the other ones like me can come and look and drink coffee, I think that's how we plan the meets, but that's the winter meets probably :lol:
Formerly known as blackmazda ;)
RX-8 2004 1,3L HP Winning Blue
x MX-5 2000 1,6L Brilliant Black

Ofte stilte RX-8 spørsmål - Webdesign Portfolio
RX-7FD3S
Gear Head

Post by RX-7FD3S »

welcome to the forum, and it looks like you have a really nice FD there :)
on the service/repairs point :) you are kinda screwed,
if you take it to mazda in norway you can end upp paying a whorkshop bill the sum of what you paid for the car over there, and still not have the problem fixed.
the best thing to do here is to learn all you can about these cars.
other than that, get phone numbers to other norwegian FDowners, looots of experience in this forum
we usually just call eathcodther when we are stuck with a problem,
so phonenumbers and a biiiiig rx7 list on your MSN is one of the best investments you can do.
WELCOME to norway, the worst country in the world to be a gearhead in :mrgreen: (we are nr 1# on the fuelexpence list :mrgreen: )
but on the other hand, if you get hurt/sick here and dont have insurance, you wont be left to die :lol:
1992 Rx-7 Type R1 100% original rx :P
1978 mazda RX-4 WAGON antrasite/black edition :D

Driving a LHD RX7 is like jerking of with your left hand. It can be done, but it just doesnt feel right ;)
the RX7: FB:financial burden FC: financial Crisis FD: financial disaster
Bart? næh, henne e luftfilter xD
atledreier
Gear Head

Post by atledreier »

Trauma on this board is probably your best bet when it comes to RX-7 experience. Chances are his FD had the same problem at one point :p
But with the car being factoy fresh I'm sure you're set for a relatively trouble free life. The highly tuned RX will develop quirks and strange problems, but running stock you're probably very safe.

Forresten, du vil sikkert heller at vi skriver norsk så du får så mye øvelse som mulig? ;)
'12 Toyota GT86
'11 VW Touran Highline 2.0TDi DSG - konebilen
'07 VW Golf 2.0TDi DSG Sport - til salgs
'99 626GLX - solgt
'92 323GTR - solgt
'92 323F - vrak

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it."
Alec

Post by Alec »

Gratulerer, skulle gjerne hatt min like STERK rød som din :wink:
-1993 Mazda RX-7 FD-
Aikio

Post by Aikio »

Hei og velkommen :D

As Rx-7fd3s said, phone-numbers and messenger is your best moneysaver here..
As for workshops, the only one I know of that knows their stuff is Mindor at Aukra biloppretning, but I'm not sure where Aukra is in norway :P
I didn't know anything about car maintainance before I got my rx, but since then I've been offered a job as a car mechanic based on what I've done myself.
So do it yourself and save the extra $.. :)

Nydelig bil forresten. MEGET pen i lakken, og selv om jeg gikk vekk ifra det selv, så hold gjerne bilen din orginal :D hvertfall når den er så strøken og har gått så lite :)

Morten
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
http://crap.aikios.name/

- 1992 Mazda Rx-7 FD3S J-spec
- 2006 Alfa Romeo 159 SW
x 1974 Mazda 818 DeLuxe
x 1990 Mazda 323 GTX
Mazda_Gt-r

Post by Mazda_Gt-r »

Sikle... så meget pen å strøken ut :D
90 Mazda 323 gt-r sedan
94 Mazda 323 gt-r- SOLGT
93 Mazda RX 7 "Spirit R" Replica,,, krasjet:(
94 Mazda 323 gt-r- SOLGT
93 Mazda 323 gt-r SOLGT
91 Mazda 323 lx - SOLGT
Trauma
Administrator

Post by Trauma »

Beautiful car you got, A few years ago my car looked like that.
part from faded paint and interior. :lol:

Any thing you need help with, we are only å click away, or a phonecall.
There are maybe 7 or 8 rx7 around in the area.
Not many stock anymore.
Some are sticking to a stock look, but rest of us are a bit plastic fantastic...

We will probably have a meet soon, most people are getting their cars out now.
92* Mazda Rx7
92* Mazda 323 GTR
Rød ting 1 med fire hjul
Rød ting 2 med fire hjul
87* Mazda 323 GTI *Solgt*

Having a 9 second Honda is like coming out of the closet: At first you surprise all your friends, but in the end your still gay.