Ny amerikansk FD RX7 i Norge, landets laveste kmstand?

Teknisk diskusjon / spørsmål rundt RX-7
mdouglog

litt oppdatering...

Post by mdouglog »

So I just got back from a ridiculously expensive trip to Haugesund (I should really be used to the cost of things by now, but it's still hard to believe) to get the car inspected as part of the registration process. I'm still not sure why I had to go to Haugesund traffikstasjon since the inspection was not really what I would call specialized. I was ready for him to look at every aspect of the car, inside and out, but the time he actually took inspecting the car was no more than 10 mins. I read a few posts here that said the biltilsynet inspections were very intensive, and I was worried I might not pass, but it was in fact very easy and the only feil I have to fix is the color of the rear side marking lights. I should mention the inspector had some papers that said the volume of the engine was 2.6 liters. Luckily I had dokuments from Mazda Norge that said the volume was 1.3l, and after a few minutes of discussion he decided that 1.3 liters was acceptable. That one made me nervous since we are talking about a BIG difference in engangsavgift!

Which leads to my first question: Har noen peiling på om hvor jeg kan få tak i de orange markerings lys? Jeg tenkete å bare prøve Mazda forhandleren først...

Now my next question: Hva er dokkers løsninger til å feste skiltet til fronten av disse bilene? Jeg vil ungå å bore hull i fronten. Og vet dokker hvordan jeg kan få tak i skilt i spesial størelse? Jeg vil ikke bli sittende med en av de massive firkanta bakskiltene jeg har sett på noen Amerikanske biler...Jeg vil få de minste jeg kan både på fronten og hekken (sånn som Alec har på hekken).

So I am now 2/3 done with the registration process, and once I fix those lights, all that will be left is to pay the engangsavgift, that one's gonna hurt!

I'll get some interior pics up here soon, it looks just as good on the inside as it does on the outside. In fact the previous owner used seat covers the entire time he had the car, so the seats are still nearly perfect!

Takk for alle de goe tilbake meldingene, og jeg ser fram til et treff snart.
Toppfart
Gear Head

Re: Ny amerikansk FD RX7 i Norge, landets laveste kmstand?

Post by Toppfart »

Markerings lysene kan være slik dem er, bare ta ut lysene som er inni! Det som ble gjort på min.... Men i ettertid fikk jeg tak i E-merkede markeringslys og ryggelys fra newzeland(ebay), dem var ikke akkurat billig men veldig pene å se på :) Ca 1400nok, legger ved bilde!

En annen ting du må få med deg i papirene dine er registrerings datoen(sjekk kontroll skjemaet til BT) ! Om du ikke har fått en eksakt registrerings dato for registrering av dmv kan du være så uheldig at du må betale engangsavgift for en 2 år nyere bil, dvs nesten 10tusen kroner rett i dass... Jeg har en 92modell rx7, registrert som 93 men betalte for en 94modell, PGA at jeg ikke kunne fremlegge dokumentasjon fra dmv. Ja vet at BT er syke, men slik er det.... BT godtar heller ikke registrerings dato fra papirer som er utgitt fra forhandler i usa, det må være fra DMV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Toppfart on 09 May 2009, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Nåværende eier av 05 Evo
Tidligere eier av rx7fd3s m/402.3rwhp
Subaru Wrx 04 m/300hester
+noe annet møkk som ikke er værd å skrive om
biXen
Gear Head

Post by biXen »

You had to go to Haugesund because there's 3 or 4 places in Norway where you can approve American cars (because of the special rules around that), Drammen, Haugesund, Trondheim and Tromsø or something. I've heard that the people in Haugesund are more pleasant than a few of the other places, so maybe you are lucky with that :) Good luck with the rest, looking forward to seeing the car in a meet.
Formerly known as blackmazda ;)
RX-8 2004 1,3L HP Winning Blue
x MX-5 2000 1,6L Brilliant Black

Ofte stilte RX-8 spørsmål - Webdesign Portfolio
WireD

Post by WireD »

About the side rear lights... just either remove them when showing the car, or tint em the same color as your car, and just remove the bulb. Then, when the car is approved, use some acetone, breakfluid or something, and remove the paint from the lights, and install the bulbs. :)
----------------------

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?
"I don't wanna look up from an engine and see a nipple...I quit, man..."
mdouglog

Post by mdouglog »

"Markerings lysene kan være slik dem er, bare ta ut lysene som er inni! Det som ble gjort på min.... "
"About the side rear lights... just either remove them when showing the car, or tint em the same color as your car, and just remove the bulb. Then, when the car is approved, use some acetone, breakfluid or something, and remove the paint from the lights, and install the bulbs."

Hmm, det høres bedre ut en å skifte de til orange, men det står på papirene jeg fikk at "markerings lys bak må være orange". Mener du at jeg kan ta ut de lys pærene og får den godkjent selv om det står spesifikt i papirene at de må være orange? Eller må jeg ta ut hele "huset"? Fordi det er allerede et rødt lys på en rød bil.
Toppfart
Gear Head

Post by Toppfart »

Call BT and ask them if it's okay to have red sidemarkers without bulbs in it? Or just do it the easy way, borrow two side markers from someone? I cant because I am in africa.... Ask rx7fd3s, he got a lot of crap laying around :lol:
Nåværende eier av 05 Evo
Tidligere eier av rx7fd3s m/402.3rwhp
Subaru Wrx 04 m/300hester
+noe annet møkk som ikke er værd å skrive om
WireD

Post by WireD »

mdouglog wrote:"Markerings lysene kan være slik dem er, bare ta ut lysene som er inni! Det som ble gjort på min.... "
"About the side rear lights... just either remove them when showing the car, or tint em the same color as your car, and just remove the bulb. Then, when the car is approved, use some acetone, breakfluid or something, and remove the paint from the lights, and install the bulbs."

Hmm, det høres bedre ut en å skifte de til orange, men det står på papirene jeg fikk at "markerings lys bak må være orange". Mener du at jeg kan ta ut de lys pærene og får den godkjent selv om det står spesifikt i papirene at de må være orange? Eller må jeg ta ut hele "huset"? Fordi det er allerede et rødt lys på en rød bil.
Jeg måtte ha min inn på full teknisk etter å ha blitt stoppet av BT, og bare tok vekk lysene, og tok ut pæra fra innfestningen, og lot ledningen ligge i fangeren. Viste bilen, og alt ok!
Regelen er vel at OM det er sidemarkeringslys, så SKAL de være orange. Men regelen sier ikke at det MÅ være markeringslys der..?
Ergo, Farg de eller ta de vekk?

I had to go go BT for a full technical check due to being stopped out on the road with a carbon-hood and bigger rims...
I removed my lights, removed the bulb, and pushed the wire inside the rear bumper. Shows the car, no problem!
the rule is, as far as i know, IF you are to have side rear marking lights, they have to be orange. But, there is no rule that says it HAS to be rear marking lights. So,
either remove bulb and tint the lights red the same color of the car, or just remove em and show the car.

About the license-plate in front.... Do as i did.
I drilled two small holes on the edge by the bottom lip, buy some bendable steel-plates with holes in the hardwarestore, bend the steel to make a bracket, wich lifts the sign from laying flat on the bumper, to standing up from the lip. The bottom of the licenseplate lays supported on the lip, and the top half is supported by the steelbracket.
----------------------

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?
mdouglog

Post by mdouglog »

Thanks for the good advice guys. I just took out the whole light assembly as WireD suggested and that was all I needed to pass, well that and another kr.500, of course :lol:

The man I talked to at BT today said I have no choice but to use the enormt square license plate on the back of the car. As I understood it, that is the only other plate available besides the standard size. It really looks bad, I mean it looks like a damn lastebil plate on the back of the little RX. I may try to write a letter to BT that explains the plate is ruining the aerodynamics at the back end, creating turbulent air and increasing drag which in turn increases my forbruk and therefore utslipp. How can they argue against the evilness of utslipp :twisted:

Luckily I won't be able to see the plate while I am driving, but everytime I get out and look at the car it's a frustrating reminder of where all that money went...Prikken over i'en.

Anyway, all will be ok in a few minutes when I take the car out for a spin. I'll let you guys know when I get the plates (should be next week). WireD, I would like to see how you fitted the brackets for the front plate. I definitly see how it can be done, but I would like to see how you did it before I start drilling.
RX-7FD3S
Gear Head

Post by RX-7FD3S »

mdouglog wrote:Thanks for the good advice guys. I just took out the whole light assembly as WireD suggested and that was all I needed to pass, well that and another kr.500, of course :lol:

The man I talked to at BT today said I have no choice but to use the enormt square license plate on the back of the car. As I understood it, that is the only other plate available besides the standard size. It really looks bad, I mean it looks like a damn lastebil plate on the back of the little RX. I may try to write a letter to BT that explains the plate is ruining the aerodynamics at the back end, creating turbulent air and increasing drag which in turn increases my forbruk and therefore utslipp. How can they argue against the evilness of utslipp :twisted:

Luckily I won't be able to see the plate while I am driving, but everytime I get out and look at the car it's a frustrating reminder of where all that money went...Prikken over i'en.

Anyway, all will be ok in a few minutes when I take the car out for a spin. I'll let you guys know when I get the plates (should be next week). WireD, I would like to see how you fitted the brackets for the front plate. I definitly see how it can be done, but I would like to see how you did it before I start drilling.
good luck with the licenseplate, i tryed to get a smaller one for my front end, argumenting with that it gave me coolingproblems, buuuut nooo, BT are asholes period

by the way, this is a really morsom tråd to les, its like watching an episode av the julekallender
or the sweedish muppet chef, BORKBORKBORK :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
1992 Rx-7 Type R1 100% original rx :P
1978 mazda RX-4 WAGON antrasite/black edition :D

Driving a LHD RX7 is like jerking of with your left hand. It can be done, but it just doesnt feel right ;)
the RX7: FB:financial burden FC: financial Crisis FD: financial disaster
Bart? næh, henne e luftfilter xD
atledreier
Gear Head

Post by atledreier »

This thread really is like listening to my wife and Trauma talking to their english dad. Primarily english, but alot of norwegian words. :mrgreen:
'12 Toyota GT86
'11 VW Touran Highline 2.0TDi DSG - konebilen
'07 VW Golf 2.0TDi DSG Sport - til salgs
'99 626GLX - solgt
'92 323GTR - solgt
'92 323F - vrak

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it."
WireD

Post by WireD »

hahahhaha, this thread is AWESOME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ mdouglog, nice to hear that the problem with the lights solved itself just by removing the rear lights. The first thing i did when i got home again, was to fit them back, i like those lights. Looks good in the night :D

the license plate. Ill get some pictures out for you when i get home, ok?

Oh, and for the record, "the Julekalender" was a tv-show here in norway, one episode each day from the 1.st to the 24th of december. Their trademark was a good mix of english and norwegian words and pronunciations. 8)
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfS0hYKrVsg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfS0hYKrVsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
----------------------

RX-7FD3S
Gear Head

Post by RX-7FD3S »

WireD wrote:hahahhaha, this thread is AWESOME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ mdouglog, nice to hear that the problem with the lights solved itself just by removing the rear lights. The first thing i did when i got home again, was to fit them back, i like those lights. Looks good in the night :D

the license plate. Ill get some pictures out for you when i get home, ok?

Oh, and for the record, "the Julekalender" was a tv-show here in norway, one episode each day from the 1.st to the 24th of december. Their trademark was a good mix of english and norwegian words and pronunciations. 8)
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfS0hYKrVsg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfS0hYKrVsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
well. to be entierly correct it was e mix of english and trøndersk, a norwegian dialekt whom can only be spoken by people with mustasches :lol: :mrgreen:

Driving a LHD RX7 is like jerking of with your left hand. It can be done, but it just doesnt feel right ;)
WireD

Post by WireD »

and trønders look like this:
Image :lol: :lol:
----------------------

mdouglog

Post by mdouglog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic! Jeg kunne aldri trodd at denne tråden kunne føre til at noen la inn et bildet av en trønder!!! :D

Jeg bodde der faktisk i et år i 2004-5. Det var rett ved siden av svartlamoen, made famous by Team Antonse and Antirasistisk tåteater....http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/team_an ... 22259.html

Jeg gleme av og til at det er litt morsomt å høre på noen som snakker som julekalender, for jeg bare snakke sånn hver dag. :) Det finns noe norsk ord som noen ganger bare passe bedre en det engelske alternativet. Og jeg tror faktisk at noen ganger glemmer jeg rett og slett det engelske ordet.

But seriously, thanks for all the help, and it's nice to get some real definitive answers to quetions most people can't answer.
RX-7FD3S
Gear Head

Post by RX-7FD3S »

her is en veldig funny exampel on swenglish :lol:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbs64GvGgPU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbs64GvGgPU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbs64GvGgPU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbs64GvGgPU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>